Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 15 of Chinese New Year


Chinese New Year is finally over.  It ends with the Lantern Festival where they eat sweet dumplings, fly lanterns, and of course shoot off more fireworks.  The Chinese really know how to celebrate the New Year.  It starts with an amazing amount of fireworks, continues for 15 days with lots of eating and drinking, more fireworks, no working or school, time with family, and it ends with the beautiful Lantern Festival. I went down to 汉中 to visit my friend Andrew who is going back to America soon.  They have their lantern festival at the river. It was beautiful - lanterns everywhere.


My lantern had a bride and groom on it.  Maybe that means good luck in love during the new year?  
Hopefully it doesn't mean good luck because it went up in flames. 

As foreigners lighting lanterns we drew a crowd.

Sury bought me a new one that flew perfectly!

**Just checked on the translation of my first lantern.  It's what a bride and groom would send up.  No bad luck for me.

No comments: