Saturday, May 19, 2012

University Midterm


This is my midterm exam.  I got a 91%!  For some reason she printed the exam on huge paper.  It was a bit overwhelming at first but I made it through each section with no big problems. 

In the first section we had to combine characters to make words.  There are a lot of characters that can mean different things or slightly different things when combined with a different character.
For example:  如 with 果 means 'if'.  苹 with 果 means 'apple'. 

The next few sections were constructing sentences using different grammar points.


The final section was writing a letter using 150 characters.  I wrote a letter to my mom and talked about a trip I had gone on the week before.

Lately I've gotten pretty frustrated with University actually.  My reading and writing is good but my speaking is really weak.  They don't have us speak enough in class.  When it is time to speak I feel like I'm in a class of the 8 year olds I teach on the weekends.  There's a certain group in class that has to be the first to answer every question and when we're reading they will jump in if anyone pauses to remember the character. It's incredibly annoying!  I've realized that whatever I can do I should feel good about though.  Some people in class are really good at speaking but can't read and write very well.  After University is over I'll probably enroll in a class that is mostly speaking and hopefully it will come. 

No comments: