Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apple Hostel - Hong Kong

Apple Hostel was different than other hostels I've stayed at.   There is no common area so if you're looking to meet people it's best to stay in a dorm room.  At first I was very intimated by the building the Apple Hostel resides.


It's a huge building with restaurants, apartments, hostels.  Supposedly 4,000 people live there!  You have to queue for the elevator.   There are people hassling you to buy phone cards, DVD's, phones, and rooms as you make your way to the elevator. The building is called the Chong King Mansions.  I've never been surrounded by such a diverse group of people while waiting for an elevator.  By the last day I was completely amused by this process instead of annoyed. There are people from all over world in the queue but I think most were from Africa and India. There is an elevator attendant to make sure everything goes smoothly. There are TV screens so you can watch the uncomfortable, cramped elevator rides. It's quite entertaining.

The hostel was very clean, it was a small room but fine for the 2 of us.  There was a TV with one english station and the beds were comfortable.  You had to hold the shower head but otherwise the bathroom was fine.  The people who work there are nice and helpful. It's very safe. The price was reasonable for Hong Kong and it's totally convenient to everything.


We couldn't believe there was no line for the elevator on New Years Eve!

3 comments:

Cheap Hostel Hong Kong said...

It will really fantastic & helpful information. it will very use full for me Thanks.

Qwerty said...

Hi, I be staying in Apple Hostel this coming OCT. I be staying in the twin private room. Can you let me know is there door for the toilet or izzit open concept?

Joy said...

The twin bedroom we were in had a door. I would imagine they are all the same. It's a nice place!