Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Aston+

Recently I started working in a new part of Aston called Aston PLUS.   It's more expensive, we use interactive whiteboards, the classes are smaller, there's a different curriculum, I make more money, and my schedule is much lighter.  I teach 6 regular classes, 4 demos, and 2 English corners. This is compared to the 25 classes I used to teach. There is 1 other foreign teacher and 3 Chinese teachers.  I used to have over 250 students now I have about 30.  I enjoy getting to know the students and having time to concentrate on their weaknesses.

I can be more creative in class with the white boards and arts and crafts projects.  One class made clay cell phones and talked about what their cell phone could do and how much it cost.  They made everything from poop phones to iPhones. 

This is the area for our Baby Club classes and demos.  I have one of these classes and it only has 2 students. 
The demo classes are a lot of singing and dancing and performing for the kids and parents that are interested in coming to our school.  I never know how many kids will show up or what their level of English will be.  The incentive is I get 100元 for every student that signs up. 

Though I don't wear panda's on my head every day, this is pretty much how I feel when I'm at work- especially during demos. 

The girl who belongs to these pandas looks much cuter than I do.  You can see behind her the sliding glass doors.  A+ is much fancier. 

No comments: