Friday, August 5, 2011

Biking and caving in Yangshuo

We rented bikes for the day to ride to the Moon Water Caves about 30 minutes from our hotel.  The ride took us through the city center and then out to the country.  It was a beautiful ride.






We got to this sign and locked our bikes up.  Then we took a bus to the caves.

It was hardly boating as the sign says.  A boat that barely floated took us into the caves.  The ride was only about 8 minutes.
Inside the caves we walked for a bit.   It was a good thing I had the helmet because I whacked my head a few times.  The ceiling is very low at certain points.  There were mud baths and hot springs.  I got in the mud a little but hung out in the hot springs for a while.  It was good to experience the caves but probably not something I'll want to do again. 

No comments: