Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Yangshuo vacation is over

Yangshuo is an amazing place to take a vacation from the city.  I met some nice people at the hostel and still had my own freedom to explore what I wanted.  Staying in a scenic, quiet area rather than the city center was the perfect choice. 

I only saw 2 stoplights in the entire city.  There are fewer cars than Xi'an.  Everyone seems to drive more carefully, not so crazy, and they actually have patients.  Infact I found that the Yangshuo people and tourists were much kinder and more considerate.  It was nice to see that in China.  There was less spitting and less babies going to bathroom on trees or behind cars.

Riding a bike around was perfect. It's been a long time since I've used a bike as my primary mode of transportation and I loved it.  No haggling with taxi drivers or tired feet from walking. 

I didn't ride a city bus but I thought they were so cute and the opposite of what I'm used to in Xi'an.  There's no standing on these buses!


I can't believe my vacation is over and it's back to Xi'an.  I can't wait to plan my next trip! (Which is in a few weeks!)

No comments: