Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moon Hill

I rode my bike from the hostel to explore Moon Hill.  
It is obviously called Moon Hill because of the natural moon shape the rock has formed.  The climb is about 800 marble steps.  A fairly tough hike up all the steps but the terrain was easy and paved.
There are women along the way and on the top with fans (if you feel like being fanned by someone) and cold drinks, postcards, and tickets to other activities for sale.  I spoke with one for a bit and bought some post cards from her.  The view is beautiful.  There were some people at the top that said they came the day before and there were so many clouds you could barely see anything.  I'm glad I picked a clear day.  I thought they were a bit crazy to do that climb two days in a row.  The temperature was in the 90's but luckily most of the climb is shaded by the trees.  I was still dripping with sweat but it would have been worse with the sun.





No comments: