Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wild Goose Pagoda at night


There are 2 Pagodas in Xi'an.  This is the big one.  There's a fountain that sits in front of it on the south side.  On the north side there is an area where people fly kites (and dance at night) and a 'western' mall with KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut, and Papa Johns.  Yes, I ate at Papa Johns.  It was fine. Definitely weird to have it in China.
I haven't been inside the pagoda yet but I enjoy hanging out in the area.  There are a lot of parks to explore.  At night they have a water and light show at the fountain. If you look closely you can see people standing inside the fountain.  There are platforms within the fountain to stand on.  Wikipedia says it's the largest fountain in Asia!  I must say it was pretty awesome and I'm sure I'll be seeing it a few more times in the next year.



No comments: