Friday, April 29, 2011

May Day Holiday

I am going to Beijing for the May holiday.  The Chinese May holiday is the same as our Labor Day.  Due to the holiday we only have to teach on Friday night.  That means I have Saturday thru Thursday off!

My Friday night C5 class was obviously excited it was a holiday weekend.


I arrived in Xi'an 2 months ago and I haven't left the city since.  It'll be great to get out and explore a new city.  I was hoping to take a train to save money and experience the train but it was all sold out for the holiday.  So I will be flying by myself to Beijing.  In Beijing I will be meeting my friend Mariola from Spain who I met in Cambodia. 

I can't wait to see what I can cram into 5 days.  There's so much to do in Beijing!  (I'm also hoping for a shopping spree.  It sounds like there are H&M's everywhere!)



No comments: