Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 days, 1 Chinese class, 21 English classes, and 1 suitcase to pack till vacation!


I'm so excited about vacation!  Each semester I have a week of paid vacation to use so I'm taking my time starting Monday. Since I have Monday through Thursday off every week it works out to be about 10 days off.

I am headed to a small town outside of Guilin called Yangshou.  It is in the south of China. My friend Charlotte will be traveling there with me and then heading back to Xi'an after 3 nights.   This area of the country looks beautiful.  We found a great hostel with lots of activities (rock climbing, bicycle tours, kayaking, bamboo rafting, caving, tai chi classes, Chinese classes, cooking classes, calligraphy classes, and Chinese massages) . I'm really looking forward to spending time in a new town and taking time to do more relaxing activities than climbing the Great Wall. 

The population of Yangshou is 300,000.  It is surrounded by rivers and mountains.   Other than maybe going to even smaller town I don't think I could get much different than Xi'an.



No comments: