Saturday, February 19, 2011

Classes = Complete

We are done taking classes!  We spent our last day performing chants, singing, acting out a play, and taking a beginner Thai class.  It was a good day even though it was filled with activities I normally hate doing.  Singing in front of everyone is not my idea of a good time.   But we all had to do it and it turned out to be more fun than anything else.  I really enjoyed the Thai class.  It was taught in the style that we've been learning to teach and the way we'll be teaching next week.  It was a good way to put us in our student's seats. 

For the next 2 weeks we will be practice teaching with real students.   I will be teaching at one of the orphanages.  I've been told that my class will be 8 students age 18 - 25. I'm a bit nervous about teaching.  This will obviously be a much different experience then my friends that have 30 kindergarten age students.  My students already know English really well.  I know I can come up with fun lessons and activities. I imagine I'll also learn a thing or 2 from them.

Now our original group of 25 divides into 3 groups.  One group (the people teaching in China and Cambodia) stays in Cambodia, one group goes to Thailand, and one group goes to Vietnam.  This week flew by.  I can't believe so many people are leaving.  I feel like we all just met.  But I'm already planning trips to Thailand and Vietnam to visit.

Now it's off to the beach for a relaxing weekend.....

No comments: