Saturday, February 26, 2011

Phnom Penh mall


I think I could probably spend hours in the mall.  It's huge and there is so much to see. 



Supposedly this is one of the only escalators in the country so there are quite a few Khmer people that aren't sure how to step on to it.

There are cosmetic counters.  There are lots of small shops for clothes, shoes, and toys. It is not unusual to see the worker sleeping in a lawn chair or even on the floor.   It seems that shops are not very busy most of the time.  They will usually get up if you walk in and especially if you need help.  



There are tons of stores with shoes of all kinds.  I found some heals that I will definitely not buy - I'd probably be confused with the prostitutes if I did.  (Yes, prostitution is everywhere here - and usually very obvious)





Most Khmer people don't have much style.  Pajamas and flip flops with socks is a very popular look.  I guess you could say that's their style.  Nothing wrong with it.  They just put together outfits differently then most of us would.




I've found these contacts are very popular.  There were tons in all different colors.  They'll even put them in your eyes for you.  My friend from England said they're popular over there as well.  I think they're weird.   It's like going into Claire's and buying a pair of earrings.  Maybe I've been missing them in the US?







Knock out your fat!  This is funny.  Basically you wear the device where you have fat and poof - all gone.  If only it were that easy.


This is a fun snack!  I haven't tried it yet but it's a big fried potato chip and you can have all different seasonings on it.  It actually looks pretty good.

 Deal or No Deal all the way in Cambodia!   


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, those skirt/shirt combos are pretty interesting! haha! Love your blogs, Joy!!