Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Villa

 (THE LANGUAGE CORPS VILLA)

This is where I'm living.  It is a villa that Language Corps has in the Russian Market.  It's not right in the heart of the city but there are plenty of restaurants and shops in the area.  There are 6 bedrooms, 2 'kitchens', and 2 common rooms.  My bedroom is off the balcony and instead of my bathroom being inside my bedroom it is back inside the villa.  At night I have to lock my bedroom with a key from the inside and lock the balcony with a padlock from the inside.    If I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I have to unlock my door with a key and then unlock the padlock.  It's a noisy process and wakes up the 'security guard' that sleeps downstairs in the common room.  It's a fun place to live.   We all get along and enjoy exploring our area of town for new restaurants and markets.

 (BEDROOM)

 (BALCONY)

 (VIEW FROM THE BALCONY)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful balcony! Is it all yours? Love your blog Joy!

Joy said...

Thanks Sarah! It is off my bedroom but we all hang out on it.