Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


I asked a Chinese person if they celebrate Father's Day.  She said they celebrate if they remember.  I took that as a no.  Of course we celebrate back home in the States and I wish I could be with my father today!

He has always been supportive of everything I've done.  Moving to Los Angeles, moving to China.  Working in television, working as a teacher.   I'm sure he never knows what I'm going to say I'm doing next and I appreciate the fact that he doesn't freak out (at least to my face) and just wants me to be happy.   He has his doctorate in music and has been a teacher / mentor to probably thousands of students over the years.  Music has allowed him to travel the globe and I definitely got the traveling gene.  He never pushed me into music or teaching.  However, I was in music for  a majority of my life and now I'm a teacher. Growing up he had a way of showing me what was important without pushing me into it.

Thanks for being a great dad!  I hope you're having a nice Father's Day!  I miss and love you!



No comments: