Friday, May 27, 2011

My first moto ride!

After class my tutor Vicky and I picked up food to take to the lake for a picnic with her friends.  We bought a mixture of things in the grocery store 'deli' and picked up a pizza from Flying High Pizza (no it's not like Cambodia's famous happy pizza).  We couldn't get a taxi to take us where we wanted to go and the bus wasn't convenient.  A moto driver pulled up and said it would be very easy for us to put ALL our bags, drinks, pizza, and ourselves on his bike.  I swore in Cambodia and in China that I would never get on one of these things.  Even in the states I would never get on a motorcycle.  Somehow I was convinced and luckily made it safely to the park.  It wasn't a bad ride or even scary.  I was the first foreigner he'd ever driven so we told him to be extra careful.   Vicky looked like a pizza delivery man the way she was holding the pizza on the moto.



No comments: