Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Summer Palace

When I told my Chinsese friends I was going to Beijing the first thing they all said I had to see was the Summer Palace. I put this at the top of my list of things to do but the tour had it last on the list. The Summer Palace was our 7th stop on the tour. It was soooo crowded. We were tired from touring around all day. I was disappointed. I wish I would have done this on my own. Now I know and next time I go to Beijing I'll definitely go back.





There is a huge lake that usually has boats.  When we were there it was incredibly windy and the water in the lake was very rough.  There's a palace up on a hill.  There's also a pond with different structures that is really beautiful.  I'm sure there is so much more to it and one of these days I'll back and explore it on my own.

No comments: